The Employer Job (PRSI) Incentive - saving employers on average
Did youknow that the Incentive Scheme for creating jobs will save an employer in the
region of €3,000 from the annual cost of employing an additional worker?
This wasintroduced at the beginning of this year and offers employers an incentive to
employ new staff. Highlights as follows:
- Themeasure is being deliberately targeted at those who have been unemployed for
six months or more.
- Thescheme will be open to applications in relation to any job created in 2010 - if
you have created a new job in 2010 and employed a person who had been
unemployed for 6 months or more, then you should now apply for an exemption. If
your application is approved you will not have to pay employer’s PRSI for 12
months forward from the approval date.
- Thejob must be full-time and must be new and additional – employers will not be
allowed to substitute existing employees to avail of the scheme;
- Theemployer will be required to furnish an up-to-date Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Employerswill be limited to a maximum participation rate of 5% of their existing
workforce or, for smaller companies, a maximum of 5 new jobs;
- Thejob must last for 6 months or more. If it does not the PRSI exempt amounts will
have to be repaid by the employer.
Fulldetails of the Employer Job (PRSI) Incentive Scheme are available at www.welfare.ie. For further information, please contact Dylan Byrne, Partner
Share this Post