COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
Please see below (with Dept. Social Welfare information link) the main points of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment announced yesterday.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is a payment of €350 per week. It is available to all employees and the self-employed who have lost their job due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
If you have been temporarily placed on a shorter working week, you may qualify for Short Time Work Support.
How to qualify
You can apply for the new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment if you:
- are an employee or self-employed
- are aged between 18 and 66 years old
- live in the Republic of Ireland
- have lost your job due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
- have ceased trading due to the pandemic if you are self-employed
Rate of payment
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is paid at a flat rate of €350 per week for the duration of the pandemic emergency. It was originally set at a rate of €203 but it was increased by government on March 24.
- If you have already applied before the 24th of March or are already in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment you do not need to do anything. Your next payment will be paid at the increased rate.
- Payment is made by electronic transfer only (into your bank account) and only into accounts held in Irish financial institutions. It will be paid in to your bank account every Tuesday once your application is processed.
- The quickest and easiest way to apply for the emergency Covid-19 payment is by applying online at mywelfare.ie.
- All you need is your email to set up a basic MyGovID account which then allows you to apply online.
Click here to visit details of Pandemic Unemployment Payment on Government website.
OSK are available to support clients throughout the current crisis - please contact your Director or Manager directly. Alternatively, send us an email or call 014394200.
Share this Post